Total Pageviews

Friday 6 March 2015

Telling our Children

I feel we need to tell the kids what is going on. After all, they are the two most important people in our lives and I don't want them finding out from someone else or after the fact.

My twin sister and her family is visiting with us and I am so grateful she is here with us during one of darkest weeks. She has cooked us dinner and cleaned up the house while we got the kids ready for bed.

We told them that we wanted to tell them something important. I said "mummy has a baby in her tummy" E immediately said "I knew it, I just knew it, your tummy is so fat". Ahhhh, thanks darling!
E immediately started talking about where the baby was going to sleep and what fun they were going to have and how happy she was that they were going to have a sister. She asked when the baby was going to come home.

The next part was very difficult to tell. We told them that the baby was sick and we hoped she would be coming home to live for us but that sometimes babies are so sick that they can't. I think that bit went over her head, as very quickly she said I hope the baby gets better soon and then started discussing what she was going to do with the baby. We prayed with them and then put them to bed. I had such a bad migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)