Total Pageviews

Friday 6 March 2015

1st OB appoint - 10 weeks

I saw my OB today. Instead of talking excitedly that the fertility treatment has finally worked and we are pregnant with number 3, we are discussing the ultrasound 3 days prior. We talked about my first pregnancy with E and that it all turned out well, he told me of 1 case he knew of where the family had had a good outcome twice when they were faced with similar circumstances, but just how rare it was that I was facing this twice - I mean the guy has delivered over 8000 babies over many years and he's saying its rare!

We had a laugh saying it must just be my family that have thick necks when in utero and then discussed doing the NIPT (Non invasive prenatal testing). This blood test was not available 6 years ago when I was pregnant and is new technology where my blood would be sent to California, USA to be tested in a lab which would look at the DNA and most common chromosome issues. After being traumatised by invasive CVS testing last time, I was much more keen for this test to rule some things out, including 2 fatal conditions. He sent me upstairs to get the blood taken and I paid a hefty price tag of $500 to have this test done. Apparently the cost has come down in the last couple of years - no medicare rebate as its an American test. It will be about 10 days until we hear results. Meanwhile we are hoping and praying things don't get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)