Total Pageviews

Friday 6 March 2015

Prayers and thoughts at this moment

Right now we are praying for a miracle.

We have been told that a Cystic Hygroma is the indicator that something is seriously wrong with our daughter, whether that be a rare genetic disorder, heart defect, skeletal issue or something unknown etc. Everything points to a bad outcome, I know that sounds pessimistic but that is what we have been told by the experts and also what we have read. The fact that is has grown so quickly and to such a large size and also the way it is sitting around her neck are all bad signs.

At the moment we are specifically praying the fluid starts resolving - this doesn't mean that the problem that has caused the Cystic Hygroma to grow will be gone, but at least it will be a start.

It is also known as a lymphatic Malformation - we are praying that the lymphatic system kicks in if it is underdeveloped so that the fluid has somewhere to go.

The baby developing Hydrops is a real fear at this point as is common at this stage and a bit later in the pregnancy and this is fatal.

We are praying that nothing (or something) is shown on our next ultrasound on Monday. We need to know what we are dealing with. As she grows bigger there is more that will be able to be seen and checked by ultrasound.

She has shown us she is a fighter and strong and we pray and hope this continues and that her growth continues to stay on track.

I need my severe morning sickness and migraines to go so I can concentrate on my children as am not feeling like a great mummy at the moment, as very tired and feeling nauseous day and night. My husband has been so amazing and is such a fantastic daddy to our children and has taken on a lot of the burden while keeping up with work and running a household and coming to frequent appointments with me.

We have already had a long conversation with a genetic counsellor and will be meeting with her and the geneticist in just over a week, I am praying that we understand what they are saying and can gain a better insight into what we are possibly facing.

A poor prenatal diagnosis that is not specific is quite debilitating for us at the moment. Some days we feel positive that our baby will make it and be such a clear example of a miracle by God. Other days (especially me) I am devastated and can't stop crying. My daughter has just started school and my son is young and I do not want their lives disrupted more than they have to be at the moment. Children pick up on so much and I know they are feeling the strain of it all. E asks me daily if the baby is feeling better yet and O asks if baby is ok at different times.


I want to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting us through prayer, support, babysitting, meals and those who have been such great listeners whilst I have poured my heart out.

This is a journey that we have not chosen to be on but nonetheless we have to walk this path (again).
Thank you for walking with us…

Have been singing this song all day: "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08YZF87OBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)