Total Pageviews

Friday 24 April 2015

Talking about Ava Grace daily

Our daughters name Ava Grace has been said every single day for almost 6 weeks. I love saying her name, I love writing her name and I love hearing her name. Talking to other women who have had their children die makes me sad when I hear that they have been told to stop talking about their babies    , and for some of them their babies haven't been gone very long at all. It seems very natural for me to talk about Ava daily. I would be devastated if someone told me to stop talking about her just because she isn't here anymore. Luckily I have very supportive friends and family who also like to talk about Ava. I intend to talk about Ava and say her name every day for the rest of my life, which I don't think will be hard considering that I talk about and say my other two living children's names daily so why would I not do the same with my youngest daughter Ava.

You might think that there surely can't be too much for me to talk about when it comes to a baby who wasn't here very long, and I probably do repeat myself a lot, but you would be surprised at the memories you can make in a short space of time when it is so important to you. Today for instance I shared with 2 different people the story of how we came up with Ava's name. I can remember the entire conversation that my husband and I had when choosing Ava's name. 

I love that my husband and I are both on the same page when it comes to sharing Ava too, he mentions her all the time and my children talk about her more and more. 

I worry some people might think I've become quite morbid because I talk of my dead baby so often but those people have clearly never held their dead baby so until they do (and I hope they never do) they have no idea and their opinion means very little to me. 

I can't and will not pretend that Ava wasn't here, when I read stroies of women who years ago never getting even a glimpse of their son or daughter it breaks my heart. Our time with Ava (almost 24 hours) was so precious and she left such an imprint on hour hearts. That's why I will say her name every day of my life. 

AVA GRACE          ~        AVA GRACE         ~           AVA GRACE           ~           AVA GRACE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)