Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 April 2015

Ava's ashes are home

Ava's ashes are home now. After the huge fiasco with the crematorium we finally have Ava's ashes put back together and fitted in one urn - not the horrible blue plastic box and a tiny urn we were given the first time when we picked her ashes up! I actually like the new urn better, it doesn't look like an urn which was important to us, and is perfect for a little girl.

The crematorium staff have obviously learnt from their mistakes as treated us very well when we had our appointment and got the ashes transferred very quickly while we waited, as we had previously been told we would have to leave them there and then come and collect another day for them to do it - even though it was their mistake!

I really hope other families who have tiny babies aren't put through the same horrors we were put through when organising their babies cremation.

People there have been held accountable and changes have been made all because of Ava, so that's a very good thing. I am still angry, particularly about Ava's disposed of Angel Gown wrap but I know I need to let it go and move on and hope that they follow the new procedure of NEVER disposing of ANYTHING that belongs to a child without permission from the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)