Total Pageviews

Friday 22 May 2015

I have won a great prize!

I just found out I have won a fantastic prize!

I will be having my hair and makeup done  in the comfort of our own hotel room that we have won a nights accommodation for on the night of the Bears of Hope Ball. 

I bought tickets to the Bears of Hope Ball back in March, less than 2 weeks after Ava died. The ball is on the 22nd August which I know will be a hard time for me as it is right near Ava's original due date and also a week after my birthday. I know it will be a very emotional night but will also be nice to celebrate Ava too with a room full of people who also know what it is like to not have their sons and daughters with them. 

The Bears of Hope ball raises funds for the organisation so that it can keep providing the support that they are so great at. 

I have personally gained so much already from this organisation and have utilised their services. I first recieved a Bear of Hope in hospital before we left, leaving a piece of my heart behind. I then created my own fundraising page and we raised over $2100 which will provide 21 bear packages as well as funding the support services that BOH provide. I have and will continue to attend their monthly support groups they facilitate and just yesterday had my first phone counseling session with a psychologist they employ. They put on a lovely Mother's Day High Tea too that I attended with friends. My twin Nicole and her friend Jessica are also raising money by running in the Darwin City to Surf on behalf of Bears of Hope.

If you are interested in coming to the Ball or have a business that would like to donate prizes to support bereaved families then this is the link
http://www.bearsofhope.org.au/a/385.html

2 comments:

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)