Total Pageviews

Friday 29 January 2016

I've never met a person without a name...

"I've never met a person without a name"
How true the above statement is. 

A few weeks ago I encountered a doctor who I felt disrespected my daughter and my family by refusing to acknowledge her  existence. I wrote about it in a previous post. 

Today I encountered another medical professional who although lovely and very knowledgable, was shocked to discover we had named our daughter. 

Naming Ava was the natural thing to do. You give birth and you name your baby. Some people choose their babies name before birth and some after, but no baby born is left nameless. 

Before we had even had Ava my obstetrician had asked if we had named her and we were able to tell him we had and what her name was. Throughout Ava's birth and afterwards all the hospital staff we dealt with from midwives to doctors to social workers and chaplains all asked what we named her and then referred to her by her name. 

The fact is Ava was Ava at 6 weeks, she was Ava at 15 weeks and she would have been Ava had she been born full term, the only difference was her size. 

"I've never met a person without a name"  Thankyou Courtney, this is exactly what I needed to hear tonight xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)