Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 January 2016

Doctor conversation

Conversation with a doctor I was giving my medical history to today: 

Doc: how many pregnancies and births have you had? 

Me: 4 pregnancies, 1 missed miscarriage resulting in a D&C and 3 births, though one was early at 15.3 weeks. 

Doc: so you really only have two?

Me: No I have 3 children and 3 births, they were all born the same except my last one was a tiny baby and not alive. 

Doc: Ok, so two

Me: Her name was Ava, she had fingernails

Doc: Why did you name her?

Me: because she was born, that's what you do when you give birth to a baby

Doc: oh ok

Me: (in my head) she was born, she was just a tiny person, a small human being 😥

This is why I blog, this is why I talk about her, this is why I want to break the taboo of miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)