Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 January 2019

Tiny Dancer

About a month ago I attended my children's dance concert. It was a wonderful day seeing both Ella and Oliver perform as they both love to dance. They had the opportunity to dance in two concerts that day. The junior concert and the senior concert.

The junior concert features some very young dancers, some as young as 2-3 years of age. I still remember when we fist watched Ella dance on the stage at 2 years of age, it was gorgeous seeing her smile underneath the lights.

Ava would of turned 3 last year. She would of joined a dance class either last year or the year before and would of been performing at the concert. 3 years ago, seeing toddlers dance on stage would of had me all choked up trying to force back tears. I didn't cry this year and I was able to watch these tiny dancers with a smile on my face as they were incredibly cute. However, I think it is always going to be difficult seeing anything that could of been a milestone event for our little girl. The "what if's and "should of been" and "could of been" memories are always there driving a knife into my  shattered heart.

Pregnancy loss is unfortunately common, that means that in that auditorium there would of been other parents watching dancers of all ages picturing their child centre stage and what the scene would of looked like.

My tiny dancer is dancing in heaven and I can't wait to see her dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)