Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 January 2019

A look back of Ava Grace No Footprint Too Small 2018

I had taken a long break from Ava Grace No Footprint Too Small following a stressful and high risk pregnancy with our rainbow Jesse and then many months getting back into the routine of having a young baby.

I had decided that when I started donating again I needed it to be sustainable. I don't have much storage space anymore as Jesse is in what was our spare bedroom so I could not take on or store huge quantities of baby blankets and clothes. I take on what I can, when I can so that I can do this long term as a legacy for Ava. This year I have sent packages to Adelaide, Victoria, QLD and NSW. I have had hospitals contact me asking for more items when they have gone through all that has been given in the past. I was able to do this because of wonderful volunteers who give up their time and spend money on wool and sewing materials to make these items. I have also had the pleasure of meeting over lunch with some of the more local volunteers.

I have also decided to try and focus in especially on babies who have passed away between 12-24 weeks as this is often what hospitals receive the least of. I am deeply saddened when I hear of families still not having any thing to dress and wrap their babies in which to me is common decency that these babies and families deserve. If you know of hospitals that could use tiny baby clothes then please get in contact with myself as I would love to help. Just in December I posted and delivered more than 30kg of baby clothes.

I have also been able to send individual packages out to grieving families this year when they have contacted me. if you ever hear of someone in this circumstance please let me know as I would love to help out in any way I can.

2019 has begun and I am hoping to carry on Ava's legacy by helping more hospitals and families reach bereaved families. 

Find us on Facebook at Ava Grace No Footprint Too Small. I have a Public Page and I also have a private page for volunteers if you would like to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)