Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 February 2016

One month till Ava's first birthday

This morning I woke up with a heavy heart. It is the 16th February which means one month until Ava's first birthday. 

At work today a good friend and colleague gave me a gift and a card today.

It came from one bereaved mother to another. A mother who has been walking this painful path for years now. 

What stood out to me was that she knows, she knows without me saying anything that just the countdown to any milestone is painful, that it's not just the "day" it's every day and the lead up to any and every event that has anything to do with our child who isn't here now. 

Thankyou dear friend, you knew exactly how my heart felt, I only wish it weren't from personal experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)