Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 September 2015

Ava Grace No Footprint Too Small


As most of you know not long after having Ava I wanted to do something to remember Ava by. I wanted to help parents have something tangible to hold when their most precious baby has been taken from them. I wanted Ava to leave a lasting impact on this world as she had such a large impact on my life.



I started #Avagracenofootprinttoosmall as a place where volunteers could come together to help me to create keepsakes for families who never get to take their baby home. 


Whether they cremate or bury their child in our creations or if they keep them in a memory box tucked away or display for the world to see, I wanted them to know that people care. That people know that these children had a life, however short it may have been, whether they took a breathe outside the womb or not. 



My volunteer list is small, but the creation of blankets and outfits that have been made, whether knitted, crochet or seen these last few months is amazing. Most of the volunteers I had never met and some I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting! Yet they believe in this cause. That means the world to me. 



Thankyou for joining me on this journey, Thankyou for using your gifts and talents to create something beautiful in the midst of deep sadness. Thankyou! 





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear from you and hear about your story! Leave me a message :)